We are happy to share with you the first results of the project Împreună pentru un viitor mai bun în Coroieni (Together for a better future in Coroieni). The project helps improve the way public services are provided to vulnerable people from Coroieni (Ponorata). This year:
- We supported a structured way of working of the integrated local team (social workers, health community mediator, school mediator and counselor): we created a routine of weekly work meetings, identified 30 vulnerable families and started to apply the case management method in order to facilitate their access to services.
- We mobilized local and county authorities to support the vulnerable community, through 3 meetings of the local action group and one of the county action group.
- We helped directly vulnerable children and their families, through:
- a) educational programs: we formed a steady group of 150 children who attend school regularly, involved 26 youngsters with leadership potential in the Youth Club, supported 61 children through remedial education, 28 through fast literacy and personal development classes, and 87 through sports education. 33% of the children made educational progress and 80% behavioral progress (life skills). 15 children went to camp VIAȚA.
- b) health, hygiene and childcare education for 117 girls and women (some attended more training sessions).
- 15 people from the comuna (10 from Ponorâta) got involved in a Local Initiative Group and participated in a teambuilding for personal and community development. 2 women from Ponorâta were hired in the project.
- We organized a medical caravan, a running event for children and a cleaning action, each event being attended by 350 people.
- Through the advocacy component, we documented the challenges and solutions on the ground and informed county and central authorities regarding ways to help solve problems in such communities (including through visits in Ponorata).